MARILYN MONROE

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and a little hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Friday 4 June 2010

Difficult times and wonderings.

Eurgh, this has been a hard week. I've been intensely stressed over exams and the boyfriend has proved himself wrong in the trust stakes yet again. I read an article yesterday about a couple who emigrated to Bali with their kids after getting stuck in a rut in London - makes me think. I don't want to even be put into that position - i don't want to be trapped before i escape. England is not for me. I'm uninspired, and just can't seem to find where i belong or what i'm supposed to be doing here.

I find myself seeking more and more solace from what i really love - clothes and fashion and creativity - but can't seem to find a path which would allow that focus to be filtered productively. I suppose only time is going to clarify.



















Despite having other such things on my mind, i have managed to collect some pretty good pieces this week.

I found a cute Batik stall at a local fete and got a tie-dye tunic and a white, crinkle kaftan for £15 total (when i finally get myself together with a camera i'll post some pictures) and some nice leather wristbands for pennies. I'm definately leaning towards the global traveller trend this summer.

Also invested in another couple pairs of sandals - you can never have too many! Found a picture of one of the pairs on the New Look website but not the other for some reason - here's a picture of the brown leather ones but i also picked up a pair of white and gold ones in a similar style.

No comments:

Post a Comment